Historical details were provided by Katy Canales of the V&A Museum, Rosemary Hawthorn, Camilla Blois of Lucile & Co., fashion historian Amber Butchart, designer Elizabeth Eldimaa, Anthropology Research Fellow Kaori O'Connor.
The Great British Sewing Bee - Venue - Season Four
Season 4 of the BBC reality television series, The Great British Sewing Bee, was filmed in 2016 in a former tannery, 47-49 Tanner Street, London, SE1 3PL, which once supplied clothing manufacturers across Britain and the British Empire.
The contestants in The Great British Sewing Bee Season Four include:
- Angeline - Angeline Murphy, an events manager, from a farming background in Northern Ireland.
- Charlotte - Charlotte Newland, a married mum of three, the editor of a medical journal, who has been sewing since the age of 7. Finalist.
- Duncan - Duncan Carter, a maths tutor.
- Ghislaine - Ghislaine Gazon, born in Paris, an office manager in London, who grew up in Martinique.
- Jade - Jade Earley, the youngest sewer, at 18 years of age, who has three younger siblings and has been sewing since the age of 14. Finalist.
- Jamie - Jamie Kemp, from Exeter, an ex-teacher and stay-at-home Dad to his deaf son, Harry.
- Josh - Josh Barnett, who plays football for Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Joyce - Joyce Bellingham, 71 Grandmother of nine, a retired school administrator. Finalist.
- Rumana - Rumana Lasker, a junior doctor living in East London who has been sewing since she was seven years old.
- Tracey - Tracey Symonds, mum of two and retired primary school teacher.